Weckman Steel Oy Vierumäki
The Weckman family has long traditions in metalworking: the first steel products were forged at Weckman’s workshop as early as 1750. The company began manufacturing trailers for agricultural use in the 1950s. Industrial mass production began when the Weckman brothers, Pekka and Matti, established the Weckmanin Konepaja workshop in the village of Härkälä in Vierumäki in 1962. As a result of international expansion, the company changed its name to Weckman Steel Oy in 1997. Our factory, conveniently located within easy reach of several transport connections between Lahti and Heinola, produces all of our steel roofing and related accessories. In Vierumäki, we also manufacture steel wall cladding, load-bearing steel structures for professional use, steel halls and tractor trailers. These heated production facilities have a total area of 30,000 m².
We also have a transport department with a fleet of nine lorries and drivers.